I am back again to seek the knowledge of the elders.Problem:
Clutch Not Turning On.What I have Tried:
- Brand New compressor is installed.
- 19 Oz of virgin freon (as per cars specs)
- Thermal Protector on the compressor is good (continuity)
- Low Pressure switch is good (2 wires) Jumped it, compressor did not turn on.
- No power at the Compressor Clutch.
- All relays and fuses that somehow relate to A/C system seem to be functional.
-In the fuse box. 4 Prong A/C Relay... pins 85 and 86... one of them Has power (as it should). The Other one is supposed to get ground from the computer When A/C button is Pressed. It does not get ground. Therefore relay doesnt close and power never gets to the Compressor Clutch.
-When I apply 12V power to pin 87 or 30(forgot whichever one goes to compressor), Compressor engages.
I tried to find diagrams for the system.
I see that there is also Multiplex or whatever controller is used and Also Evaporator Temperature Sensor.
How does Evap Temp Sensor Effect A/C? Could it be the bad one, therefore ECM is not sending ground to my relay box?
Could it be a faulty Multiplex controller?
What about cabin temperature sensor? If its bad, would the A/C turn on at all?