Source for a 10MM high side pressure port?

Moderators: Nacho, Tom Greenleaf, ACProf, acsource

Source for a 10MM high side pressure port?

Postby dlagrua » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:44 am

I do automotive swaps putting newer OBD II engines in older cars. This requires custom A/C work. On older vehicles with R-12, I do the R-134a conversion and wire the system to work under PCM control. This requires the use of a standard GM three pin high pressure switch that feeds its input to the PCM. I was once able to buy the pressure switch ports from Docs Blocks but they went under a few years back.
Does anyone know where I can find a hose splice with the pressure port on it or a source for just the pressure switch nipple that I can aluminum braze to the high side tubing? I believe the thread for the GM high refrigerant pressure sensor is 10MM.
dlagrua

Re: Source for a 10MM high side pressure port?

Postby Tom Greenleaf » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:54 am

Yikes - switching OLDER to OBDII has to be so involved as you know if this is same engine just into older of same I'd probably get the whole hose or item for the newer. You must be into this for some serious bucks to do these swaps at all and would just add that to it?

T
MetroWest, Boston

Favorite Refrigerant: R-12+134a

Postby cornbinder89 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:27 am

MEI lists a 10mm x 3/8-24 male switch port adaptor (part number 4161) as well as beadlock -8 fittings both straight and 90 deg with the 10mm switch port on them.
If you can't find a local source, Find-it-parts (dot com) should be able to mail order. Have you checked the boards website?
MEI catalog is a good resource to what is available.
cornbinder89

Favorite Refrigerant: R134a

Postby cornbinder89 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:38 pm

I should also add they show several different hard lines with a 10mm male port.
cornbinder89

Favorite Refrigerant: R134a

Return to A/C Questions and Opinions